This guide is designed to help you migrate from Segment to mParticle. At a high level, both mParticle and Segment support:
- User and event data ingestion via server-side API.
- Client SDKs across all popular platforms (eg iOS, Android, Web, etc).
Additionally, the mParticle APIs and event models are similar to Segment’s with many overlapping concepts and expectations, making for a straightforward migration.
- Retrieve your API key for the platform that hosts your app.
- Be familiar with the app or service that will send data into mParticle (that you are currently sending to Segment).
- Have an mParticle account and be able to navigate to Setup > Inputs > Platform Configurations.
Choose whether your mParticle implementation will be client-side or server-side:
When prerequisites are complete, follow the steps that correspond to your implementation type: