Now that we have set up the SDK and added our API key, we can restart the sample app:
- In Xcode, click the Run button in the top tool bar.
- After the Higgs Shop is opened on your virtual device, click around the app to trigger a few events.
- Navigate to Data Master > Live Stream in the left nav bar of your mParticle dashboard. The first few events will display in the Live Stream after a few seconds.
2.1 Troubleshoot your input
If you don’t see any events in the Live Stream, try the following:
Make sure you inserted your API key correctly
Make sure that you copied and pasted the entire key and secret displayed in the Platform Configuration modal when you set up your iOS input. To find your key:
- Navigate to Setup > Inputs in the left nav bar.
- Select iOS from the list of platforms.
- Your key is listed under Key, it should begin with an indicator of which data pod your mParticle account uses, for example:
us2-. Your secret will be listed under Secret.
Check your SDK configuration
- Make sure that you are initializing and configuring the SDK correctly according to the instructions described in the previous step.
- If you have changed the default log level or environment settings, make sure that you have done so correctly by referring to the previous step.
Learn more about events the SDK tracks by default in Event Tracking.
Next >> Set up your output