Slack is a team communication application. Enable this integration and see your data stream into Slack.
With the mParticle Slack integration, ONLY development events will be forwarded.
In order to activate mParticle’s integration with Slack, you must have an account in Slack to set up the Incoming Webhook.
- Sign into your Slack account at https://slack.com/signin
- Click Apps & Integrations
- Search for Incoming WebHooks
- Click Add Configuration
- Enter the channel where your Incoming Webhook with post messages to and click Add Incoming WebHooks Integration.
- Copy the Webhook URL as this is needed to configure the mParticle integration.
Configuring Slack in mParticle
Create a Slack output configuration:
- Select Directory, and click the Slack tile
- Click Add Slack to Setup
- Select the Output Event Integration Type and click Add to Setup
- Select the Slack output configuration group to configure an output event configuration
- Enter a Configuration Name and your Slack configuration settings and click Save
Connect inputs to the Slack output configuration
- Select Connections
- Select the Input for the connection definition
- Click Connect Output
- Select the Slack configuration
- Enter your connection configuration settings
- Toggle the Status to Sending
- Click Save
||Specify a public channel with “#channel” or a direct message with “@username” to send events to. Only development events will be forwarded.